Magical Train Competition
This competition is now closed. A big THANK YOU to all the participants throughout the UK, and congratulations to our winners! For pictures of the Prize Ceremony, click here.
Cheeky Chickens category
- The winner of the Cheeky Chickens category is a group: Le Train Magique by Collège français bilingue de Londres, 29 children (aged 7 to 8). They won a private tour of the Eurostar train depot!
- Two runner-ups:
- Mathieu Yap, 9 years old, from St Nicholas Preparatory School, for Train to Toc Tok. He won fantastic books and a one-day pass for the South Ken Kids Festival.
- Ecole Internationale Franco-Anglaise, 14 children (aged 6 to 7) for Biscuits and the Magic Train. They won amazing books by the Festival’s guests.
Plucky Parrots category
- The winners are James Johnson, Archie Lambert and Oliver Wardle (11 years old) from Bridlington (East Yorkshire), for Magic Train. They won Eurostar tickets to go to Disneyland Paris!
- Two runner-ups, who won great books, and a one-day pass for the South Ken Kids Festival:
- The Awesome Invincibles, aka Amelie Charles, Elza Pelissier, Aurore Ashe-Taylor and Violett Dorff, from l’Ecole de Battersea, 10 years old, for The Magical Adventure!
- Clemence Debionne (13 years old), Iris Bertrand (12 years old), and Pauline Manchet (12 years old) from the Lycée français Charles de Gaulle, for Eurocandy!
- There is one last group entry which the jury absolutely adored, and Pushkin Press generously offered to make a special prize: a Pushkin Children’s Package. It includes amazing books and the winners are 12 pupils (all 11 years old), from the Swiss Cottage School Development and Research Centre!