Michael Morpurgo’s stories are familiar to generations of young readers in France and in the UK. He has published over 130 books including War Horse, Private Peaceful, The Butterfly Lion, and Kensuke’s Kingdom. The first Children Laureate in 1999, he continues to play a leading role in the world of children writing and there is currently an exhibition on his life and work including his notebooks and manuscripts at the V&A Museum of Childhood. We are really pleased to be launching this year’s festival with a special event where Michael will appear alongside well-known French illustrator François Place.
- Toto (2017, Harper Collins)
- Lucky Button (2017, Walker)
- The Fox and the Ghost King (2017, Harper Collins)
- Le Mystère de Lucy Lost (2016, Gallimard, tr. Diane Ménard)
- The Giant’s Necklace (2016, Walker)